Donations To Cynthia Noonan Trust Update

A fund has been established on Cynthia's behalf to receive and manage all monies to be specifically designated for Cynthia's long term care and rehabilitation.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please call 800-642-8399 or make a donation online by clicking HERE. This is available through an organization call HelpHopeLive (http://www.helphopelive.org)



Friday, January 9, 2015

See ya later 2014...

Posting this belatedly: Although this post is not as upbeat as the usual, I still wanted to share. Quick update- health and strength seem to be slowly improving, for which I am thankful and much relieved, though there is still much work to be done!

 I have to say, I will be glad to part with 2014. There are parts that I will keep and put up on a shelf with cherished memories- the Revolution Ride, watching my friend Molly get married in Montana, and my favorite-getting Freckle the wonder dog from Canine Companions for Independance. Of course there were many smaller moments of love, laughter, joy and triumph and I cherish those moments as they are what sustain me through the darker times, and 2014 had plenty of dark times. It is these moments I wish to forget, but I know that these moments -as painful and terrifying as they have been- have brought me to a place of introspection and, hopefully, growth. As I write this I am still struggling with my biggest back-pedal since my onset of TM. I have had a few set backs over the past few years, but this one has been the harshest and most sustained. For 3 weeks now, my physical abilities have spiraled down to where many easy tasks I used to be able to do (like transfer from my wheelchair to the bed) have become lost. Where did they go, you ask? Hopefully they are just having some down time while I am treating a UTI. I have 2 more days left on my antibiotic, so I'll be done just in time for Christmas. We'll see if a Christmas miracle follows. If not- I'll just keep my head down, spirits up (yes, please!) and count my blessings. I will do my best to not be terrified and to remember that-just like in the quote above- there is a light that will reach us after our darkest times.

Haven't seen Freckle yet? Well, here she is!


1 comment:

TimBowers said...

Fantastic weblog u have! I’ll just wanna thank you 4 that. If u like 2 see our site visit it now! Thanks for visiting!
Rehabilitation Supports