Donations To Cynthia Noonan Trust Update

A fund has been established on Cynthia's behalf to receive and manage all monies to be specifically designated for Cynthia's long term care and rehabilitation.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please call 800-642-8399 or make a donation online by clicking HERE. This is available through an organization call HelpHopeLive (http://www.helphopelive.org)



Monday, December 23, 2013

Drug may reduce chronic pain for spinal cord injuries - The Almagest

As someone who suffers from chronic neuropathic pain, I am always on the lookout for promising research. At this point I feel like I can deal with paralysis- but the pain is far more debilitating.
Neuropathic pain is extremely difficult to treat and I feel like I have tried most drugs, usually with side effects that reduce my ability to function properly, so not really worth it-plus they don't relieve the pain. I've been on gabapentin for 5 years now so my body is used to the effects of the drug. I know it is reducing my pain levels only because when I am late taking it, my pain level increases. I've decided that, for now, I am going to make a commitment to practice mindful meditation regularly as a way to decrease pain- along with my gabapentin.  I'd love to not take any drugs, but if there is something that could improve the quality of life for me and countless others, I would be on board, in a heartbeat.

Drug may reduce chronic pain for spinal cord injuries - The Almagest

No comments: